Walter Read Hovey Memorial Fund
The Walter Read Hovey Memorial Fund was established at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships to advance the professional career of young persons with talent in the field of art history and related fields.
Average Award $3,000
- Attend graduate school full-time.
- Pursue a degree or studies in art history (specializing in art history or a related field such as museum work, conservation, or restoration).
- Have a demonstrated achievement as an art historian. Also have completed at least one year of credit in a graduate program in art history or a related field such as museum work, conservation, restoration, or a year of an internship program at a qualified museum of art by June of this year.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Be a United States citizen.
How to Apply
- Complete the application by clicking the blue button above.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit two letters of reference: one from a faculty member or dean and one from a recognized authority in the field of art history.
- Submit a curriculum vitae.
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.
The Pittsburgh Foundation: Jennifer Marino, Scholarship Coordinator - marinoj [at] pghfdn.org