Pittsburgh and Allegheny Milk and Ice Association Fund
This turn-of-the-century association provided "needy mothers and their infants" with nourishment and medical care. Among the few records that remain about the agency is an ad that ran in the Pittsburg (sic) Press on June 20, 1914, that reads "Help Save the Babies!" both seeking donations for "pure raw milk" and offering mothers care and medical attention.
In 1954, The Pittsburgh Milk and Ice Association transferred its assets to The Pittsburgh Foundation and this fund was created in support of charities and organizations whose purposes are the care of babies and children, primarily their physical health and welfare.
Type of Fund
- Field of Interest