CFWC - Dorothy & Richard Barr Westmoreland County High School Scholarship Fund The Dorothy and Richard Barr Scholarship Fund was created at The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County to provide scholarship support to Westmorland County High School students who have demonstrated community leadership and strong academic performance. The applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above. The applicant must also show community leadership in the form of volunteer activities inside and outside of school.
Average Award $500 to $2,100
- Attend high school as a graduating senior at/in: Belle Vernon Area School District, Burrell School District, Derry Area School District, Franklin Regional School District, Greater Latrobe School District, Greensburg Salem School District, Hempfield Area School District, Jeannette City School District, Kiski Area School District, Ligonier Valley School District, Monessen City School District, Mount Pleasant Area School District, New Kensington-Arnold School District, Norwin School District, Penn-Trafford School District, Southermoreland School District, Yough School District.
- Reside in Westmoreland County, PA.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals unrelated to you.
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.