Kennywood Scholarship Fund The Kennywood Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to provide scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students who are children of Kennywood Entertainment First Team members. The scholarship may be used for either graduate or undergraduate studies. The award is for one year only and, providing the recipient meets the criteria set by the scholarship committee and maintains a grade point average of 3.0, can be awarded from year to year.
Average Award $1,200 to $2,000
Deadline: Inquire in the HR department at Kennywood.
- Attend high school as a graduating senior or an institution of higher education as an undergraduate student.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be a child of a Kennywood Entertainment First Team member who has participated in the Kennywood profit sharing plan for 5 consecutive years. All sons and daughters of first team members of Kennywood Entertainment Company's four properties (Kennywood, Idlewild, Sandcastle, Stratigos) are eligible to receive a scholarship.
How to Apply
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals not related to you.
- Submit your unofficial high school and/or college transcripts.
Kennywood: Joseph Barron (412-461-0500; ext. 106)